.

.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Spring Vacation in Seoul, South Korea April 17-28, 2014 (Part 1)

Hi gals! Well, I am here again to make another post of my unforgettable vacation in Korea! ^^ Yep, it is my 2nd time visiting the country and I am still amazed on how beautiful their country is. ^^ I stayed longer this time compared to last year and I am very pleased to share to you my stories and escapades. ^^ I won't go into the day by day post since I know it might bore you. So... shall we get started? ^^

I arrived at their airport around 10 mins before 9pm. 


The weather is kinda cold for me since I came from the country with a 29 degrees Celsius temp and Seoul has 12 degrees. >.< I met up with my friend again whom I considered as my travel buddy (she's also the same friend I went with last year ^^). We arrived at our guesthouse before midnight. We were so tired and decided to call it a day.


 
The following day, our first destination is visiting palaces. First on our list is Gyeongbokgung Palace. 

 
 We were surprised to see such palace in the middle of a busy area. It is located at 37, Samcheong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul. The place is one of the most visited among tourist so it was only normal to see a lot of people in a weekday.


We've seen a couple of cheery blossoms at the entrance. Not that many though since it's past their season already (too bad).



We took so many pictures but I wouldn't post it here. For more information about this palace, you can click HERE. It was only now I have realized that some scenes of 'The Moon Embracing The Sun' were also shot here. ^^ 

Next is we visited Cheonggyecheon Stream located just the opposite side of Gyeongbokgung Palace. I've been wanting to go to this place especially when I've watched 'We Got Married Global Edition' where they filmed one scene here. 





For me, it was so beautiful. Probably if we went there at night time, it will be more beautiful. ^^ They even have this:


Wishing well! ^^ Definitely I wouldn't let this chance pass. And so I tried it.


The result? Yes, my coin got in! ^^ As for my wish? Well, I think it's best to keep it a secret. ^^ For more details about the area, you may click HERE. After taking some pictures, we decided to have our dinner at Insadong. That place includes shops where you can buy souvenirs, bags, clothes, and restaurants where you can eat good food. We decided to eat at one restaurant and ordered Mandoo Kalgoksoo.



Ever since I love noodles. ^^ The taste is delicious. After eating, we decided to go home.

The following day, we went to another palace again but this time it's Changdeokgung Palace. 


In this palace, we've seen so many beautiful flowers.

 
The architectural design of each house, not to mention the walls and other areas of the palace is just spectacular to see. Here is just one proof. ^^


After walking around and taking tons of photos, we went to our next stop which is The Secret Garden which is located just inside the Changdeokgung Palace. You can only enter here if you have signed up for a tourist guide. 



The place is just breath-taking! Though there are some steep hills to go through, it was worth it.  A must-visit place when you go to Korea. For more info about Changdeokgung Palace and The Secret Garden, you may click HERE.

After enjoying the scenery, we head off to Hongdae to experience the Trick Eye Museum.


It was fun when we were taking pictures inside. ^^ You should experience it too once you visit Hongdae. ^^ Click HERE to see some sample pictures you will see inside. ^^

By the end of the day, since we are in Hongdae, we ate some Samgyupsal, which is my favorite Korean dish! ^^


Next day is a tiring but fun day for us. We started our Sunday by going to Gwangjang Market.




There are lots of things you can buy at Gwangjang. But the thing that caught my eye would definitely their food. We tried eating the fishcake and gimbap. Too bad we weren't able to try the Pajeon. Maybe on our next visit. Click HERE for more details about Gwangjang Market.

Then we decided to go to Bukchon Hanok Village. 


This village became a tourist attraction, however residents also live in this area so if you are planning to visit here make sure you don't create large noise that will disturb others. Still, I would recommend you to at least drop by at this area to discover this wonderful vilage. Click HERE for more info about Bukchon Hanok Village.

Okay, so that's Part 1 for now. I'm kinda sleepy but still a dozen of stories to share. Also, need to go to work tomorrow. >.< So I guess I'll share the rest in my next post. ^^ Stay tuned. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails